Friday, July 17, 2009

Creative Architect: Karen Dunbrook

Her Bio:
Lived in Kitchener Waterloo, Ontario, Canada all my life. Married with 2 boys. I have a degree in ECE and taught in a cooperative Preschool for 9 years before starting my own home daycare business when my oldest son arrived. I am pleased to say that I am still going strong after 23 years in business and countless children being welcomed into my home and family. I have always loved crafting in some capacity or another. I can’t say exactly when I began stamping although I have always stamped as part of an art program I run with my little ones. By the way, they love stamping too. I get a lot of joy and satisfaction in creating cards. They seem to bring a smile to everyone who receives them. I (very hesitantly) started posting on SCS a few years ago….hit a bit of a slump when my mom got ill and passed away but I think stamping really helped me heal. Like the saying goes…’Art washes away the dust of everyday life.’ I find my inspiration on SCS and I see things in life that make me think…. scary I am doodling design ideas all the time. I like to participate in the challenges on SCS whenever I can.

Stamped image onto linen paper then coloured it using watercolour pencils and odourless Mineral spirits. Again I added a water feel using the Sakura Glaze Pen, cut and mounted.


Round Card
Ccut a circle then used the Flourish stamp with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. The flower was stamped on DP and embossed with white, cut out and then coloured using a Versamark pen and clear embossed.

Took a photo of the sky and clouds and printed it onto glossy paper (not photo paper) Next I stamped the scene image with StazOn and coloured it in using 'Memento' markers. I then used the Sakura Glaze Pen on the waves and it really gave a wonderful watery feel to the scene. Lastly, added a bit of white gel pen...cut and mounted.

Card Tote
Cut and scored pattern. I embossed using the Cuttlebug and assembled. The Aust. daisy on the front was coloured using watercolour pencils and odourless mineral spirits. Next I coloured over with a Versamark Marker and embossed with clear embossing powder.
Tote-Card holder Template by Betsy
cut 9 x 12 cardstock of choice
on the short side:score: 1", 5 3/4", 1"
on the long side:score: 1", 4 1/2", 1" 4 1/2"
Assemble as desired.


Happy for you
Stamped and embossed the daisy with navy and embossed with clear embossing powder then coloured with watercolour pencils and odourless Mineral spirits. I coloured over with a Versamark marker and clear embossed it. I added a button and a pearl to center.
Feel to contact me with any questions...
Enjoy!